Monday, March 2, 2015

Baked Apples with Oatmeal

Suzy Bee’s Kitchen

Baked Apples with Oatmeal

Ingredient:
3~4 HoneyCrisp Apples, Cored and Chopped
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
1/2 Cup Butter, Cubed
 Splash of Vanilla
8~10 Slices Bacon, Cooked and Crumbled
1 1/2 Cups Old Fashion Oats
1 Cup Juice from Baked Apples
2 Cups Water
Dash Salt
1/2 Cup Vanilla Icelandic Yogurt

Wash core & chop apples, Put apples into mixing bowl add brown sugar, vanilla, bacon & butter toss gently. Pour mixture in to a prepared 9” X 9“ baking dish.  
Bake @375 for 45~50 minutes.

Remove baked apples out of oven, scoop out enough juice to measure 1 Cup, add 2 Cups of Water & a dash of salt to a sauce pan. Next pour 1 1/2 Cups Oatmeal into water keep stirring until Oats come to a boil. Remove from heat let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Scoop out a heaping 1/2 cup each of baked apples & oatmeal. Top with yogurt & serve.

This is one of my favorite breakfast dishes. You can serve this on a lazy weekend. This dish use to be more labor intensive. I have chosen in the past several years to simplify this dish. It’s nice to serve this dish with a nice breakfast tea & scone…


Enjoy!


** This is where I tell you that I cook by feel like my Grandmother and Mom did.
I’m passionate about my cooking and food.


                                      ~ Bon Appetit ~



©SuzyBeeWolf 2015

No comments: