Sunday, February 1, 2015

French Toast Waffles

Suzy Bee’s Kitchen

Two of my all time favorite breakfast foods are French Toast and Waffles. I came across this combo by trial and error. I like it!

French Toast Waffles With Blueberry Pecan Syrup

6~8 Slices Brioche Bread, 1” thick slices
4 Large Eggs
1/2 Cup Whole Milk
1/4 Cup Orange Juice
1/2 tsp. Pure Vanilla Extract

 Blueberry Pecan Syrup:
2 Cups Fresh or Fresh Frozen Blueberries
1/2 Cup Butter Pecan Syrup
Pecans Toasted & Chopped (Option)
Fresh Whipped Cream (Option)

In a small saucepan combined the blueberries & syrup bring to almost boil then reduce heat until the mixture thickens. Turn off heat & let cool.

In a mixing bowl whisk eggs, milk, juice & vanilla, pour mixture into an oblong baking dish, place four slices of bread into baking dish, soak bread for 1 minute on each side. Place 1~2 pieces of bread into waffle iron, close lid cook until golden brown.
Slather French Toast Waffle with honey butter & blueberry syrup.

Additional toppings chopped pecans, whipped cream or powdered sugar.

Enjoy!



** This is where I tell you that I cook by feel like my Grandmother and Mom did.
I’m passionate about my cooking and food.

                                         ~ Bon Appetit ~

©SuzyBeeWolf 2015

No comments: