Sunday, September 13, 2015

Nut Butter and Jam Cookies

Suzy Bee’s Kitchen

Nut Butter & Jam Sandwich Cookies

Preheat oven @ 350 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper set aside.
 
Ingredients:
1 Cube of Butter, Softened
1 Cup Nut Butter
1 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Lg. Egg, Room Temp
1 tsp Vanilla
1 1/4 Cups Self Rising Flour, Sifted
1 Cup Jam

Cream together butter, nut butter and sugar until light and fluffy; add egg and vanilla until well combined. Next add sifted flour and mix on low until all ingredients are well incorporated.

Make 1 1/2” balls. Place cookie dough on baking sheet and flatten with your fingers or a fork, Bake cookie until golden brown @ 350 for 8~10 minutes. Yield about 24 cookies.

Turn 1/2 the cookies over, scoop 1 TBSP Jam to center of cookie. Top with other cookie. Press down lightly. Serve right away or place in airtight container.

*Note: I used Almond Butter, Blueberry Lemon Jam and Peach Pepper Jam. My daughter went to Maine this summer and brought me back these wonderful Jams. I love peanut butter cookies and this was the best way I could use such incredible ingredients.

I serve this cookie with ice cold milk and a Brambleberry Tea


Enjoy!

** This is where I tell you that I cook by feel like my Grandmother and Mom did.
I’m passionate about my cooking and food.


                                         ~ Bon Appetit ~



©SuzyBeeWolf 2015

No comments: