Sunday, August 2, 2015

Rustic Sweet Galette

Suzy Bee’s Kitchen


Rustic Sweet Galette

Preheat oven @400 degrees
Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper set aside.


Ingredients:

 Favorite Pie Crust Recipe
3 TBSP Brown Sugar + 1 tsp Cinnamon, to sprinkle on pie crust and edges
1~2 TBSP Flour
1 Lg. Egg, beaten for wash
2~3 Cups Sliced Fruit in Season, (I used White Peaches and Blueberries)

Roll out pie crust, lightly sprinkle with sugar mixture and set aside.

Slice fruit and place into mixing bowl with sugar mixture and flour. Toss lightly and pour mixture onto rolled pie crust leaving a 2”~3” border. Fold pie crust up around fruit, the crust will overlap. Brush crust with egg wash and sprinkle with remaining sugar mixture.

Place galette onto a prepared baking sheet and place into a preheated oven and bake at 400 degrees for 18~20 minutes or until golden brown.

Serve with a dollop of vanilla whipped cream and your favorite tea.

This all time favorite dish of mine during the summer months lets you use your fruits and serve a simple easy dish that your friends and family will enjoy for years to come!
I personally love cream so I serve mine with fresh dollops of vanilla whipped cream. However an awesome homemade vanilla bean ice cream would also be an excellent pairing!  

Enjoy!


** This is where I tell you that I cook by feel like my Grandmother and Mom did.
I’m passionate about my cooking and food.

                                         ~ Bon Appetit ~


©SuzyBeeWolf 2015

No comments: