Sunday, December 13, 2015

Creamy Lemon Soup...

Suzy Bee’s Kitchen
Lemon Soup

Ingredients: 

2 Cups Cooked Rice
4 Cups Chicken Broth
2 Lg Eggs
3 TBSP Fresh Lemon Juice
Salt & Pepper to Taste

In a large pot bring broth to a boil, reduce heat add rice and simmer for 10~12 minutes. While broth is simmering whisk eggs and fresh lemon juice, add a 1/2 cup of broth gradually to egg mixture, add one more 1/2 cup of broth to egg mixture and pour egg mixture into pot.  Whisk mixture together gently, then take your immersion blender and blend soup until you have the right consistency. Continue cooking soup until it thickens.

This soup brings back a very fond memory. It’s comforting as well as nourishing. I like to serve this soup with toasted sourdough bread and infused garlic butter, accompanied by infused cucumber water.

~Cheers~



** This is where I tell you that I cook by feel like my Grandmother and Mom did.
I’m passionate about my cooking and food.



                                         ~ Bon Appetit ~






©SuzyBeeWolf 2015

No comments: