Sunday, October 4, 2015

Pumpkin Cookies


Suzy Bee’s Kitchen

Pumpkin Cookies

Preheat oven @ 350.
Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.

Ingredients:
1/2 Cup Butter, softened
1 1/2 Cups Pumpkin, puree
1 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Lg. Egg, room temp
1 tsp. Vanilla
2 tsp. Pumpkin Seasonings
2 Cups Self Rising Flour, sifted

Combined butter, pumpkin & sugar mix light and fluffy, add egg & vanilla mix until well mixed, next add flour and seasonings mix until well incorporated.

Make 1 ½” balls. Place on baking sheet, bake @ 350 degrees for 10~12 minutes until golden brown. Place on cooling rack until ready to glaze.


Glaze:
3 TBSP. Butter
1/2 Cup Dark Brown Sugar
1/4 Cup Cream Cheese
1 Cup Powder Sugar, sifted

In a small saucepan heat butter and sugar on low until bubbly, stir constantly for 1 minute or until slightly thickens. Beat in cream cheese; blend in sifted powder sugar to mixture. Lower temp on stove I keep saucepan on the stove. The glaze tends to harden fairly quickly.

Enjoy!


Pumpkin is my all time favorite, so I’m always looking at ways to use it and enjoy it! This is a wonderful cookie to serve at the Holidays or just because. I serve them with glaze or just by themselves.


** This is where I tell you that I cook by feel like my Grandmother and Mom did.
I’m passionate about my cooking and food.




                                         ~ Bon Appetit ~





©SuzyBeeWolf 2015

No comments: