Sunday, May 31, 2015

Tomato Jam and Goat Cheese Butter

Suzy Bee’s Kitchen

Tomato Jam and Goat Cheese Butter...



Ingredients: Tomato Jam
4 LBS. Heirloom Tomatoes, Chopped
3/4 Cup Dark Brown Sugar
1/4 tsp. Ground Pepper
1 tsp. Infused Tomato Sea Salt

Cut tomatoes lengthwise, seed and rough chop. Place tomatoes into large pot, add sugar. Let mixture stand for 10 minutes. Bring mixture to boil cook for 15 minutes. Add infuse sea salt and pepper and continue cooking for an additional 10~15 minutes to desired thickness. Let cool to room temperature and serve with your favorite crusty breads, crackers or biscuits!

Ingredients: Goat Cheese Butter
1/2 Cup Butter, Softened
1/2 Cup Goat Cheese, Room Temp.
2 TBSP. Chives, Chopped
1 TBSP. Minced Garlic
Crack Pepper to Taste

In a large bowl cream together butter and goat cheese, add chives, garlic and pepper. Scoop mixture into a small serving bowl, spread on your favorite crusty breads or biscuits or cracker. Top with Tomato Jam.

The pairing of the goat cheese and tomato jam is like having a party in your mouth. These just happen to be two of my favorite foods and now that summer is just around corner I will get to serve these two very special dished at my table.
Along with a nice red wine and infused cucumber water.

Enjoy!

** This is where I tell you that I cook by feel like my Grandmother and Mom did.
I’m passionate about my cooking and food.


                                         ~ Bon Appetit ~



©SuzyBeeWolf 2015

No comments: